Summertime signals the start of the grilling season and with it comes the thought of hosting the perfect backyard BBQ parties. The tasks and fine details that go into planning a memorable BBQ party can quickly become overwhelming but with proper organizing, it doesn't have to. If you are in the midst of planning your next summer gathering, simply follow these backyard BBQ party organizing tips to help ensure your event is a cinch.
Keep It Simple
How to Organize a Backyard BBQ Party
Backyard BBQ Party Organization
Organizing a Backyard BBQ Party
Organizing Services for NYC, Westchester, and Fairfield Counties
“What's best about Rob Mizrahi is his compassion. It's easy to feel overwhelmed, and Rob's empathy made me feel like I was not alone in my situation.
His actions clearly demonstrated his commitment to helping me.”
C. Feldman, Graduate,
University of Pennsylvania,
Plan the Menu
A simple menu will enable you to feed your guests, while still allowing you to mingle. If you'd like, you could ask your guests to bring a side dish.
A sample menu would be:
- Corn on the cob with chipotle butter, or
Store the beer and bottled water in a clean wheelbarrow, this way you can wheel it back and forth to the house to refill.
The first step to organizing your backyard BBQ party is to keep it simple. Planning a simple gathering will help ensure your event is effortless and relaxed so you get to actually enjoy your guests as opposed to becoming overwhelmed by a multitude of tasks.
Plan Your Theme
Select a theme, then stick with it. Simple decorations such as festival lights, a themed table runner, seat cushions and decorative dinnerware will go a long way towards reinforcing the mood.
Plan the Guest List
Invite just a few of your closest family, friends and co-workers to help keep your BBQ fun and easily manageable.
Copyright 2013 Chaos Commandos All Rights Reserved - Art Licensed by Shutterstock.
This page was last updated: June 25, 2016
294 West Post Road
Phone: (914) 949-9742
2 Weeks Before
- Send out Invitations - Send themed invitations to all of your guests.
- Create a Shopping List - Make a list of all the food and non-food items you will need for your barbecue.
- Prepare Your Grill - Clean your grill and test it to be sure it is in working order. This is also a great time to ensure you have enough charcoal or propane.
- Secure Rentals - If you plan to order tables, tents and chairs etc., call to reserve those items at this time.
A Few Days Before
- Confirm Your Guest List - Call your guests to confirm who will be attending your BBQ party.
- Go Shopping - Buy your decorations, utensils, drinks and non-perishable food items.
- Prep Foods - Begin prepping any foods and deserts that can be prepared ahead of time.
- Start Decorating - Now is a good time to set up your tables, chairs and decorations. Be sure your seating arrangements are in comfortable areas with ample shade. Place trash bags conveniently throughout the yard.
The Day Before
- Complete Last Minute Shopping - Be sure to stock enough meat, condiments, ice and other items that you need to keep your party going.
- Prepare Last Minute Dishes - Prepare your perishable items, and store them in the fridge.
- Prep Meats - Marinate the meats and place them in the refrigerator. Marinating the meats overnight will ensure they are extra tasty for your BBQ.
The Day Of
- Finish Decorating - Put last minute touches on your decorations and seating arrangements. Organize plates, cups, utensils, condiments and covered side dishes and salads etc. buffet style on a table.
- Fire up the Grill - Set up the grill and prepare for cooking.
- Prepare the Appetizers - Chop, dice and prepare fresh vegetables and fruits. Store them in the refrigerator until they are ready to be served.
- Set up Your Drink Station - Fill your cooler with ice and stock it with plenty of drinks so they are icy cold by the time your guests arrive.
After the BBQ
- Put Away Leftovers - Put away leftover foods such as meats, spreads, salads and cheeses as soon as possible. If you want, give some to your guests to take home.
- Clean Up - Dispose of all trash and wipe down chairs and tables. Store decorations and leftover utensils, etc. for your next get-together.